Download an Application
The Village of Bald Head Island is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Business Manager. The dynamic role requires
flexibility, problem-solving and business acumen in combination to lead the overall growth and profitability of the Island's vested interests.
While overseeing all commercial and small businesses in the Island's possession, this asset will interface with employees, suppliers, and clientele.
- Selects, trains and develops associates of the Island Parcel Center and other growing business unit(s), ensuring they are fully equipped
- with the tools, knowledge and skills necessary to serve and provide value to customers
- Must be skilled in direct and indirect contract negotiations and have ability to liaise between internal and external parties
- Responsible for the development and execution of new revenue streams to maximize profitable growth of each business unit
- Effective analysis and implementation of cost-control measures is essential
- Forward thinking business mind that looks for innovative ways to gain efficiencies on a regular basis
- Motivates and inspires excellence, consistently teaching direct reports how to achieve superior results in a manner that demonstrates
- the spirit of the Village of Bald Head Island
- Sets clear expectations, provides timely feedback, evaluates performance, and guides ongoing development
- Holds others accountable by celebrating and recognizing positive performance and addressing underperformance through coaching,
- development, and/or corrective actions
- Owns and delivers clear messages and leverages interpersonal skills to cultivate positive working relationships
- Guides associates to embrace and navigate newness and change in the business unit
- Makes quality decisions and prepares and/or delivers presentations at the discretion of the Village Manager to/for the Village Council
Qualifications: Bachelor of Business Administration or Master of Business Administration preferred; 5-10 years of business leadership including direct reports required; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Working knowledge of PC windows; Ability to lead and inspire others to take action; Experience speaking in a small team or group setting is preferred; Valid Class C Driver License.
Salary Range: $54,382 - $81,572 DOE
Please complete an application and submit with resume by mail/fax:
Village of Bald Head Island, ATTN: HR, P.O. Box 3009, Bald Head Island, NC 28461 Fax: (910) 457-6206.
Open Until: Sunday, May 31, 2015 for acceptance of resumes/applications.
The Village of Bald Head Island is an equal opportunity employer.